I love this shade. To me, it screams, "I'm young, fierce, and on the cover of Vogue." It's THAT kind of a shade. I love that the color seems a little vintage too, which comes as no surprise considering it actually is.
This has a creme finish, so it goes on my lips super easily and makes them look moist.
Overall, if you are looking for a bold, sexy red to "wow" at your next event, or even just spice up an everyday look, I recommend this. The fact that it is such a classic Revlon shade also makes me feel like every Revlon lipstick fan should have this in their collection.
Here is the original Fire and Ice ad from the 50s. When this shade was released, it was a very bold, edgy color for women to be wearing. The ad included a questionnaire/quiz to determine "Are YOU made for Fire and Ice?"
The questions (some of these are hilarious) were supposed to determine if a woman was daring and vivacious enough to wear Fire and Ice:
- Have you ever danced with your shoes off?
- Did you ever wish on a new moon?
- Do you blush when you find yourself flirting?
- When a recipe calls for one dash of bitters, do you think it's better with two?
- Do you secretly hope the next man you meet will be a psychiatrist?
- Do you sometimes feel that other women resent you?
- Have you ever wanted to wear an ankle bracelet?
- Do sables excite you, even on other women?
- Do you face crowded parties with panic -- then wind up having a wonderful time?
- Does gypsy music make you sad?
- Do you think any man really understands you?
- Would you streak your hair with platinum without consulting your husband?
- If tourist flights were running, would you take a trip to Mars?
- Do you close your eyes when you're kissed?
- Do you love to look up at a man?
Are YOU made for Fire and Ice? I'm not, I'm still working up the courage to dance with my shoes off! ;)